Your privacy on this platform is important to us. As a policy, we never collect your personal information solely for providing the Services in a hassle-free manner and improving your experience on the platform. To be more specific, the following information may be collected in relation to your access to the platform or use of any services being offered on this website:
When you create an account on this website, we may collect your name, contact number, email address, address, personal or business profile, and preferences regarding your use of the Services on the website.
When you purchase any advertisement subscription, promotional offer or otherwise make any transaction in relation to the Services being offered or made available on the website, we may collect your billing information, credit card number, or any other information that may be required for facilitating such transactions.
We may collect certain information related to your activities on the platform. For example, we may collect your subscriptions, preferences, violations, arbitrations, disputes, and other information related to your use of the services on/through the website.
We may collect certain information related to advertisements, exclusive deals, and promotional offers or events on this platform and your response to such offers or events. We may collect your name, contact number, email address, or other details of your personal or demographic profile as our prospective client.
We may collect your device information and browsing behavior such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, ISP, search history, entry and exit pages, clicked ads and links, total time on the website, and other details or metadata related to your use of the Service on the website (Collectively the User Data).
- Collect statistical information such as device type, operating system, configuration settings, preferences and browsing behavior on the website (non-identifiable information).
- Research your preferences, visiting patterns, search history, and metadata related to your use of the Services for facilitating targeted advertisement on the platform.
- Facilitating the participating businesses and service providers to track your presence on their website and process orders or respond to your requests.
- Evaluate the performance of advertisements and promotional offers and/or your response or participation to such offers.
- Access your profile or business information so that you don’t have to repeatedly enter the same information on the websites of our collaborating partners or service providers.
Afrinection, Inc. will never use any kinds of automated tools and techniques to collect your identifiable information on this website. Any information that uniquely identifies you on the Services will be collected only when you voluntarily share or submit that information to:
- Create an account on the website.
- Purchase any advertisement subscription or promotional offer being made available on the website.
- Subscribe to newsletters or any other service being offered or made available on this website.
- Register your complaints or submit your feedback regarding the Services being offered on this website.
- Contact our customer support to resolve any issue related to your use of the Services being offered on this website.
- Participate in surveys, contests, campaigns, or promotional offers related to any product, service, or content being made available on this platform.
Afrinection, Inc. may use Google Analytics, MailChimp, Stripe, or other third party services or platforms to understand the platform demographics, and evaluate the traffic to or performance of advertisements, subscriptions, and services being offered on the website. These third party service providers or platforms may be using their own DART cookies or tracking tools to collect your personal information in relation to their services or advertisements on the website.
If you are not comfortable with third party cookies, you may disable them by changing the configuration settings of your web browser or using third party add-ons that block cookies and tracking tools. However, cookies can be crucial for the proper functioning of various services on this platform, an rejecting our/third party cookies may prevent you from using certain features on this website.
Afrinection, Inc. may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Identifying you on the website.
- Verifying your eligibility for registering on Afrinection.
- Helping you subscribe to newsletters, purchase advertisement subscriptions, or use other services being made available on the website.
- Helping you connect with African entrepreneurs, investors, employers, professionals, job seekers and consumers across the world.
- Receiving your feedback or complaints, and resolving technical issues related to your use of the Services.
- Facilitating your participation in the blogs, forums, social media, and other promotional offers/events being offered or made available on the website.
- In case you consent to receive promotional offers, facilitating the marketing companies or other third parties to offer exclusive deals on products and services you might be looking for. Subject to applicable laws, we may send product offers, advertisements, survey or feedback requests, and other marketing materials related to the Services being offered on this website.
- Researching, analyzing, evaluating, or consolidating your profile information or the User Data for improving the Services on this platform.
- Complying with business or legal requirements and resolving any claims, potential claims, complaints, or other issues related to the Services being offered or made available on this website.
Any information that you voluntarily share on the website will be treated as non-confidential public information accessible to all users on the website. When you voluntarily share any information, it shall be deemed that you have relinquished all your proprietary or confidentiality rights to such content. Be careful about what you share on social media or other public places on the website.
Afrinection, Inc. reserves a right to share, disclose, or transfer your personal information to its trusted partners, subsidiaries, licensees, assignees, affiliates, or service providers who make it possible to run the website and provide the Services in a hassle-free manner. We may share your personal information with such collaborating partners/service providers for membership authentication/verification, database management, service delivery, notifications, business promotion or any other aspect of the Service being offered on this website.
Afrinection, Inc. will never use, share, sell, or lease to any third party your personal information for direct marketing purposes unless you consent to receive promotable offers and exclusive deals from such parties. You may revoke your consent at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such commercial emails. However, we may share the User Data with any service provider or marketing platform in relation to business promotion, targeted advertising, performance evaluation, or other internal processes, but it will be aggregated before sharing with any such third party.
Afrinection, Inc. shall be entitled to disclose any information, record, communication, information or content with the law enforcement agencies, government and regulatory bodies, courts, professional advisers, employees, service providers, or other third parties when it believes that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Protect its business or legal rights
- Prevent fraud or illegal activities on the website
- Comply with the applicable laws and other rules and regulations
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, and courts or other quasi-judicial authorities.
- Transfer its business ownership in a hassle-free manner
As a policy, your personal information will be used solely for the purpose it has been collected, but you can use the following options to manage your privacy on Afrinection:
- Change the configuration settings of your web browser to reject cookies and tracking tools. You can also use third party browser add-ons to block such cookies and tracking tools.
- Configure Afrinection or your device to disable location services and identifiers. Depending on your device type, location and tracking services may not be disabled once you consent to it.
- Revoke your consent to receive promotional offers from third parties and unsubscribe from our newsletters, notifications, or other services by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of such emails.
- Access your personal information that we hold on Afrinection and modify it as required. If you are unable to access/modify your personal information from within your account, you may send a request to our technology officer for such access/correction of your personal information. However, we may refuse such requests if:
- Your request is inconsistent, repeated, or require undue efforts/expenses.
- Any business or legal obligation requires us to retain your personal information.
- Your request is likely to violate the applicable privacy laws in your jurisdiction or undermine the well-being of other users on Afrinection.
- Delete your account and discontinue the Service. Please acknowledge that it may take some time to remove your personal information from our backup servers.
This website may contain ads or links to third party websites and services. We may include such links or ads for providing useful resources and helping you find potential investment, employment, customers, or professional network.
Please acknowledge that we do not endorse/recommend any product, service, or content, including the views, reviews, advice, suggestion, recommendation, specifications, descriptions, growth potential or any other information being featured, published, or otherwise made available such websites. Afrinection, Inc. shall not be liable for any damages, liabilities, claims, or consequences that may arise in relation to your access to third party websites or use of their products, services, or content.
We are fully committed to protecting your personal information and ensuring that your privacy is never compromised on this website. We will implement every feasible security protocols and procedures to prevent unauthorized access and security breach on this website.
However, the Services involve the international transmission of data. Your personal information may be transmitted, processed, handled, or stored on servers located outside Africa or your home country. Using the website/Service over the Internet creates a security risk. You shall bear all such risks that may be involved in using the Services over the Internet.
Your inability to maintain the confidentiality of your login information may also create a risk of unauthorized access or activity under your account. You are supposed to follow all the safety guidelines for keeping your account secure.
You should acknowledge and consent that Afrinection, Inc. shall not be liable for any kind of unauthorized access, hacking, misuse, abuse, alteration, deletion or loss of your personal information in relation to your account or use of any service being offered on this website.
The website is not intended for minors. It is supposed that African entrepreneurs, professionals, job seekers, investors, employers, or other entities who use this platform are legally mature, and if you are not, using the website under the guidance and supervision of your legal guardians. In any case, minors of less than 13 years of age are not allowed to use any service being offered on the website.
If you feel that any minor has submitted his or her personal information on this website, please contact our privacy officer at info@ afrinection.com to remove such information from the website/servers. Afrinection, Inc. reserves a right to delete any and all information/content from minors in its sole discretion.